Friday 19 April 2019

Bernie's Tune - Chet Baker's solo transcription

As a young trumpet player, I was always intrigued and attracted to jazz. "Bernie's Tune" is one of the standards that I used to play with one of my early bands. That time, somebody told me that I should transcribe some solos, to learn how to improvise.
After more than 20 years, I found the notebook with my old transcriptions. I checked it again, corrected some places, wrote it nice and pretty in Musescore and here it is.
You may download the music sheet as PDF, or in MuseScore format, so you can edit, transpose, transcribe and customize it to your own needs. Click the image to download the format you want:

   

On this instance we'll use a backing track from learnjazzstandards.com, a great resource for whoever wants to learn jazz. There you can find a lead sheet with chord progression in concert C, B♭ or E♭.


A bit more information about "Bernie's Tune" can be found here:
http://www.jazzstandards.com/compositions-3/berniestune.htm

The original version, with Chet Bake's solo can be heard here:



Disclaimer: All materials are properties of their owners, and are used here for informative and educational purposes. I don't accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liability, injury or upset caused to or suffered by you as a result of misusing this material.
Cheers and happy learning,
Mihai

No comments:

Post a Comment